EPFO Claim Status : How Many Days To Get PF Amount
EPF stands for Employee Provident Fund. Now a person can check their provident fund online. There are other features available, such as downloading of the passbooks. This makes it easier and faster for employees to get updates on their EPFO claim status.
When an employee applies for EPF claim online then it takes 5-30 days to get the PF amount into the bank account. When an employee applies for the claim in offline mode then it takes 20-30 days.
However, if there are any technical issues then the claim settlement may get delayed (this has happened in April-2018, claims were settled after almost 30 days).
The online process flow is -> Claim submitted online -> Sent to field office -> Claim approved -> Under process -> Claim settled -> NEFT sent -> Amount gets credited.
Kindly note that after claim gets settled, it may take around 2 to 5 business days to get the credit in your bank account (claim amount ).
Steps to Check EPF Claim Status Online
- Visit the EPFO member portal.
- Login using your UAN and password.
- Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and check your KYC details to ensure they are correct/
- Click on the ‘Online service’ tab to proceed with the withdrawal if all the KYC details are correct.
- Choose ‘claim’ from the drop down menu.
- Select the ‘proceed for claim’ tab on the claim screen that includes one’s KYC and PF details.
- On the “I want to apply for” option, choose the type of withdrawal you wish to make – final settlement, partial withdrawal, pension withdrawal, etc.
- Once you select the type of claim you wish to make, fill in the relevant form and authenticate using your Aadhaar card details.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once your claim for a withdrawal or final settlement has been made, you can check your EPFO claim status by click on the ‘track claim’ tab.
How to get the EPF amount faster in your bank account??
Applying the EPF under home construction may get your applicationa accepted faster as per a user testimonial.
*note: this isn’t a approved or pre-determined method. This is just a user testimonial.
I applied online for epf advance on 6th Mar 18 and received sms on 08th March that amount is settled. It’s just 2 days. Also, received and that amount will b credited in account in 3 working days
Really happy with this fast process from government office.
Your KYC needs to be updated in epf portal. Ie Aadhar card, pan card and bank account details
No documentation. I had applied it under home construction. It was for flat purchase but there was no option of flat purchase hence choose home construction
Please comment in case you need any further details
Edit1: I received money in my account, so applied on 06 th mar and money received on 09th mar. Only 3 days
edit2: there is issue with online portal for validating pan and I had spoke to pf officer and he said that is fine. They are working to fix it. You can still raise claim.